Although festival season is over, artists and celebrities like, Lana Del Rey are still embracing the bohemian inspired accessory as a fashion statement. Floral headpieces can still be worn outside of festivals, if styled correctly. To avoid looking like a flower girl at a wedding, simply wear something a bit more sophisticated, or fully embrace the ‘flower power’, like my cousin, Kelly (pictured right) has, wearing a floral romper. Confidence is key; by wearing a flower crown you’re bound to catch everyone’s attention, but as long as you are comfortable and confident then go on and channel your inner goddess!
You Need: Fake Flowers (bouquets or singles) / Thick floral wire / Green garden tape / Hot glue gun / Pliers (long nose) / Scissors
- Fit floral wire around the width of your head to measure the size
- Using the pliers cut 3 strands of the floral wire the same length. Braid 3 strands together of that length, and fasten the ends with the pliers.
- Wrap the crown with green garden tape until the floral wire can’t be seen (this will avoid getting poked in the head with any loose wire).
- Clip the flowers from the stem and cut them down enough so that the bottoms are as flat as possible.
- Arrange the flowers in your desired pattern.
- Using the glue gun, dab a dot of glue on the bottom of the flowers and press it on the crown.
Voila…that’s it! I love the way she arranged her flower crown, and how beautiful does she look with it on! Thanks Kelly for the tips!