You sleep about 229,961 hours in a lifetime, or in other words you spend one third of your life catching zz’s. So it’s a no-brainer that your bed should be the most comfortable, tranquil and peaceful place in your home. I love sleeping, and I love it even more when I can just crawl under fresh sheets and a warm comforter to snuggle. I’ve turned my bed into the ultimate comfort zone, which could be a good and bad thing – bad because I refuse to get out of it in the morning; good because it usually won’t take me long to fall asleep.
I want to share 5 easy ways to upgrade your bed without spending a fortune – as long as you have the frame, and the mattress there’s no limit as to what you can do…
1. Stuff your duvet cover with the right comforter – you don’t always need a down comforter to stay warm. Instead I opted for a down alternative – less expensive, super comfy and warm enough where I don’t have to throw the comforter off during my sleep.
2. Accent pillows – more pillows the merrier. Pillows are the easiest way to changing the look of your bed and overall bedroom, and can also bring a pop of color to an all-white bed. Will probably couldn’t care less if there were accent pillows, but I think he secretly likes them.
3. Add textures & Patterns – styling your bed is almost like styling yourself, if you’re wearing all black or all white you want to break it up either by adding a different texture or pattern. The same applies to your bed; adding a subtle pattern or Mongolian lamb pillow will make all the difference. Don’t forget to add a throw, for extra warmth and texture.
4. Change the sheets – Yes it’s good to wash your sheets often, but I find that swapping them out with fresh new ones makes my entire bed feel brand new. I swap them out about 2 times a year (don’t worry I don’t throw them away!) Keep rotating.
5. Add flowers on your night stand – this will keep your bed and bedroom looking fresh, as long as you keep them alive ;) and it can add a pop of color as well