It’s already looking pretty festive in our apartment but if I had the time I probably would have gone all North Pole/Santa’s workshop on our place! Anyway, while searching for decor ideas on Pinterest I was inspired by this mason jar snow globe, and decided to create my own. Snow globes are timeless gifts, and can be the perfect decorative addition to place atop your coffee table or shelf. Although there are many beautifully made snow globes that you can purchase just about anywhere, I decided to DIY since it’s more personal.
Supplies needed (total cost $15):
- toy car (I tried searching for a vintage taxi to exemplify NYC but there were only racing cars)
- bottle brush Christmas trees
- burlap string
- faux snow
- mason jar
- craft glue
- miniature ornaments
It’s pretty self explanatory but here’s how I put it together:
- Dropped some glue on the hood of the car and placed some fake snow (wait until it dries)
- Tie the tree to the top of the car with any string (bakers twine, or burlap string)
- Place the car atop faux snow in the mason jar (If you want to secure it use the craft glue on the bottom of the tires)
- Wrap the burlap string with the ornaments around the rim of the mason jar
There you have it – it’s that easy!
Have a wonderful weekend!