While browsing Huffington Post yesterday, I found an article titled, 7 Travel Rules to Live By. This article couldn’t have come at a better time considering that I am traveling to Costa Rica today! I figured I’d share my 7 Travel Rules that I live by…
- Live in the moment – We are so consumed by social media that we forget to live in the present time. On vacation do your best to leave your phone in your bag and really take a look at the world around you
- Leave everything behind – Vacation is a time to forget about what’s happening back home. You’ve dreamt of this vacation for so long so why worry about unanswered emails from work?
- Let go of all your fears – Sometimes the best memories are made by not letting your fears hold you back. So next time you think twice about doing something, just go with it!
- Learn something new – Every time I travel to a new city or country I always make it a point to learn something new, whether it’s the city’s history or its typical dish
- Meet people – Engaging in conversation with natives can be insightful, and can also be very helpful
- Watch the sun set – I find that watching the sun set across the horizon can be very cathartic. And honestly, who doesn’t love sunsets?
- Be safe & have FUN – Always be aware of your surroundings; make sure to stick with a friend. But most importantly have fun and try not to take yourself too seriously!